Forum MERCURE. Mercure Canberra

Posez vos questions aux autres utilisateurs MERCURE. Mercure Canberra, il sont là pour vous aider !

Devenez membre Demandez la notice Inscription gratuiteVous recevrez une alerte email dès que la notice de votre MERCURE. Mercure Canberra sera disponible

Les fils de discussion sont l’endroit où partager votre expérience avec les autres membres du groupe, leur poser vos questions, et répondre aux leurs.

POSEZ VOTRE QUESTION

10/12/2018
à 16:19
Stay, sport, restaurant
JonathanJJR4
9 réponses
Expertise (non renseigné) Utilisateur (non renseigné)

Hello, I would love to stay at this hotels. Is it a great place to stay ? What are the restaurants to try? Is there a gym? Thank you so much !

Répondre
Réponse de Avatar0wils61636444, le 10/12/2018 à 19:56

We like to stay here when we visit Canberra as it is close to where our son lives. We love the quirkiness of the hotel. It is old and different. THe pub and restaurant good theer, but you have to drive everywhere,m so you must have transport. I don't know if there is a gym. The staff are fabulous.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0jere54533653, le 10/12/2018 à 20:38

I'm not sure if there's a gym but it's definitely classier than the budget options on Accor.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0coli32261633, le 10/12/2018 à 22:59

One corner of the hotel is a pub with TAB, big screen TVs and the like. The food is quite good.
The Mercure is very close to the War Memorial and so the Mercure gets RSL and other soldier related groups through the establishment.
One of the times we stayed there they were preparing for a beer festival. It was very active!
They have a room with some machines- they call it a fitness centre- it is not really a gym.
Cheers.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0andy11543244, le 10/12/2018 à 23:13

Hi Jonathan, I always enjoy my stays here. It’s an old hotel and has a certain rustic charm. It’s not a high end glossy place so it depends what you are looking for. It’s about a 15 minute walk into the main shopping area and there are plenty of places to eat. I’m not 100% sure about the gym as I always use the Fitness First which is 15 minutes walk away.
Enjoy your trip :)

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0kris26423512, le 11/12/2018 à 11:37

Hi Jonathon, It is a little while since we have stayed here. It is a little removed from the CBD but if you have a car then no worries. I don't think there is a gym. I would say reasonable value

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0p.le14524354, le 11/12/2018 à 15:06

Nice place to stay, old mansion. Nothing modern but cosy though. Don’t remember whether there was a gym. Haven’t used it anyway. Close to best street with restuarants and close to War Memorial (walking distance: max 20 min walk either way). Hope it helps.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0mark44234256, le 11/12/2018 à 23:45

This would not be my first pick. I am a frequent Accor guest .. and my choice would be Novotel in Canberra. The restaurant is good as is the breakfast. Nice bar area as well.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0kevi33341326, le 12/12/2018 à 07:07

The Restaurants are, The Olims Bar and Bistro and The Courtyard Restaurant.
Yes there is a Gym at the hotel

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0caro36115356, le 21/12/2018 à 04:22

My wife and I plus 3 other couples ( friends ), stayed here whilst visiting for Floriade last year. We were upgraded to a loft room which was excellent and served the purpose for our friends to gather for a refreshing drink in the evening. We found the Hotel up to the Mercure standard. Check in was most cheery in a busy time. The set up is very good , particularly with the attached hotel facility. All the food was fine, with a relaxing breakfast overlooking the courtyard. We were within walking distance to the War Museum and the hop on hop off bus stop adjacent. All in all great place to stay whenever in Canberra. Warren

Envoyer un merci ?
En cours...