Forum MERCURE. Mercure Canberra

Posez vos questions aux autres utilisateurs MERCURE. Mercure Canberra, il sont là pour vous aider !

Devenez membre Demandez la notice Inscription gratuiteVous recevrez une alerte email dès que la notice de votre MERCURE. Mercure Canberra sera disponible

Les fils de discussion sont l’endroit où partager votre expérience avec les autres membres du groupe, leur poser vos questions, et répondre aux leurs.

POSEZ VOTRE QUESTION

27/03/2019
à 09:41
Touristic places
Ben5566
15 réponses
Expertise (non renseigné) Utilisateur (non renseigné)

Hey, is it hard to reach the touristic places from this hotel? Is it more an airport hotel than a leisure one? What did you think? Thanks

Répondre
Réponse de Avatar0robe43642462, le 27/03/2019 à 09:57

It’s close to the city not the airport. It’s within walking distance to the war memorial and the city. You will need transport to get to other locations around Canberra though

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0brad42256123, le 27/03/2019 à 10:05

This hotel is in a great location - actually quite close to the War Memorial as an indication. Its an easy walk to Canberra Centre. The accommodation is very comfortable . I've only had breakfast here and it was great. Canberra is very spread out. I haven't used public transport because I usually drive around myself but I understand the public transport is very good. I am sure you will enjoy your stay here in the leafy suburbs

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0mark44234256, le 27/03/2019 à 10:06

Hi Ben. The Mercure is a 10min is all to Cuvic - the main shopping/dining center of Canberra. It is within maybe another 10 minute walk to the Australian War Memorial. However for other tourist attractions a rental bike, walk or Uber is required. Canberra is a planned city ... which does mean some things are set apart. Australian National Gallert, Old Parliament House and the Porteait Gallery along with our High Court are all together .. and Questicon as well - great for kids. Hope this helps a little.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0leur63651342, le 27/03/2019 à 10:19

Hello definitely not an airport hotel. Very easy walk to the War Memorial and the centre of town. Parliament House, art gallery etc are in the other side of the lake but it is only a short drive (5 -10 mins). Mercure is a good mid priced hotel suitable for leisure.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0kris26423512, le 27/03/2019 à 10:35

The hotel is very close to the War Memorial which should be on every visitors must do list. It is about 15 min walk to the centre of the city and from there you can get buses all over Canberra . Hope this helps.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0ken@41661425, le 27/03/2019 à 10:41

it is not really a airport hotel at all but it is also good for that type of stay. Its a lovely place with historic features. good parking if you need. Staff have always been excellent and Ive always enjoyed my stays there.
Canberra is unique city and nothing is really central. You are close to the massive war memorial museum and also close to a lovely drive behind this to a lookout over canberra which is better than the telstra tower black mountain (i think its called). It is not far by taxi or self drive to major shopping areas either.
We love the place for its unique style and many rooms will have balconies if not all rooms?
Hope this helps you.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0paul35534251, le 27/03/2019 à 11:13

Canberra is pretty spread out but it is easy to get to most places from the Mercure. You could walk to Civic and to the War memorial.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0jgus43636333, le 27/03/2019 à 11:13

It's a tourist hotel. Ten minutes walk from all city based activities. All regional tours can be initiated from this hotel.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0gken13233215, le 27/03/2019 à 11:14

No. It is a long way from the airport and reasonably located for tourist attractions.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0blok41261466, le 27/03/2019 à 11:28

The War Memorial is maybe a 10 minute walk from the hot, from there a short Uber ride or bus will get you to Parliament House etc. reception is helpful and point you in the right direction. Definitely not an airport hotel ??

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0bran54532653, le 27/03/2019 à 11:40

This Hotel is situated right next to the major shopping centre in town, only 15 minutes from airport , very central to all the tourist areas in Canberra . I found it very comfortable and quite , and the staff are really helpful and friendly.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0gray42152554, le 27/03/2019 à 13:07

Never thought of it as an airport hotel. Definitely leisure. Close to some places, eg the War Memorial and the Canberra Centre shopping complex. But Canberra is big and tourist sites are spread out, so you need a car to get to most places.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0wils61636444, le 27/03/2019 à 21:59

WE stay there as it is close to our son at ADFA. it is very close to the War Memorial . You really drive to most places in Canberra anyway, but you cant just wander to shops, cafes etc. We like its quirkiness.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0rube14346655, le 28/03/2019 à 10:49

It is conveniently located , close or easy access to the city/shopping centre and touristic areas. It is a leisure hotel and the rooms are spacious.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0miss24421262, le 30/03/2019 à 13:42

This hotel is not particularly close to the airport (which is on the outskirts of town). This hotel is within walking distance to the city center. It is literally right across the road from ANZAC Parade and Australian War Memorial. Mt Ainslie will give you a good view of the city as well and you can start the walk (if you're up to the challenge) from the back of the War Memorial aw well, It is a little further from attractions such as Parliament House/Questacon/Museums and the other Galleries though. If you have a hire car these would be easily accessible as they're not too far at all, just possibly too far to walk and have enough time to drive.There is a pretty good bus network if you dont have a hire car. There is also a free city bus loop but i dont know if it will get you over the other side of the lake. Also wouldnt cost much to get to there by uber.

Envoyer un merci ?
En cours...