Forum MERCURE. Mercure Canberra

Posez vos questions aux autres utilisateurs MERCURE. Mercure Canberra, il sont là pour vous aider !

Devenez membre Demandez la notice Inscription gratuiteVous recevrez une alerte email dès que la notice de votre MERCURE. Mercure Canberra sera disponible

Les fils de discussion sont l’endroit où partager votre expérience avec les autres membres du groupe, leur poser vos questions, et répondre aux leurs.

POSEZ VOTRE QUESTION

23/11/2018
à 18:43
Train station + reduced mobility
JackLi76
10 réponses
Expertise (non renseigné) Utilisateur (non renseigné)

Hello all, I'm going in this hotel for 2 nights, can I go walk to the train station ? Isn't too far ?
Is The hotel accessible to people with reduced mobility ? Thanks a lot !
Have a great weekend

Répondre
Réponse de Avatar0paul12666343, le 23/11/2018 à 20:52

Hi, it is a long way from the train station. Not walking distance for able bodies let alone reduced mobility. Taxis are plentiful in Canberra. Ramps and elevator allow access to 90% of the hotels rooms.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0sale13265123, le 23/11/2018 à 20:59

Hi, it has been quite a long time since I stayed there but I am sure there is an elevator so inside the hotel you should be fine. But I never use public transport so i don't know where the train station even is -but there is a tram passing by so that is very handy and close by the hotel for sure. Cheers

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0nkir34511422, le 23/11/2018 à 23:26

The train station is about 7 kms away. About an hour and a half to walk! There is only one train station in Canberra.

The hotel is more like a rambling country house. Long corridors and stairs but there are ramps as well. So it is certainly wheelchair accessible. If you are booking you may wish to request a room which is closer to the restaurant and eating areas, than down the back of the property.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0blok41261466, le 24/11/2018 à 00:50

Hi, there is no train station nearby, only a bus.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0tged16426243, le 24/11/2018 à 01:31

public transport (bus) is just over the road from the hotel.
Canberra buses are designed to accommodate people with reduced mobility

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0myar44213516, le 24/11/2018 à 01:46

The Train station is 6.6-7.0 km away so I would not recommend walking it if you have luggage.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0dac152256243, le 24/11/2018 à 03:40

Hi, if travelling by rail I would suggest a taxi to take you to the Mercure Canberra (hotel is not within walking distance) There are ramps and lifts in the hotel, my suggestion would be to telephone the hotel direct and discuss your needs/requirements. I have stayed there a number of times and have always found the reception staff friendly and helpful at all times. I enjoy staying at the Mercure Canberra as it is a quiet location a nice flat walk to the shopping centre and also the Australian War Memorial.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0soul21661356, le 24/11/2018 à 08:09

A personal car ,taxi or uber is required to travel from the hotel anywhere in Canberra.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0scot26131363, le 24/11/2018 à 08:44

No, the railway station is a taxi ride away. The hotel has ramps and elevators, so most of the hotel should be accessible, although the highest standard rooms have staircases to the bedroom level. I would inquire with the hotel to ensure you have an accessible room.

Envoyer un merci ?
Réponse de Avatar0jacq24351212, le 27/11/2018 à 04:06

Sorry I haven't replied earlier , busy week::) but no this hotel isn't close to the main train station. It is close to buses about a 10 min walk, but you'd need a taxi to get to the train station. There is a major shopping centre close by, again near the buses. If you have reduce mobility this hotel has quite a few stairs, especially further down the back area, and also some rooms are 2 storey. I would strongly suggest if you stay there to advise them to be placed closer to the front of the building, and mention your mobility issue. Its a beautiful old hotel with a lot of history and worth the stay.

Envoyer un merci ?
En cours...